For companies looking to improve their business performance and create long-term shareholder value, PwC helps by developing sustainability strategy, performance management and reporting solutions.
We assist our clients in the areas of corporate governance and business ethics, environmental health and safety management, social responsibility, strategy and economics, responsible supply-chain management, and reporting and assurance of non-financial information.
How we can support you
More about this service
- You need to understand your key corporate responsibility/sustainability issues and their social, environmental and economic impact
- You are concerned about the impact of social, environmental or ethical issues on your brands or overall reputation
- You need to understand who your key stakeholders are and to develop a stakeholder engagement programme
- You need to develop or improve your corporate responsibility/sustainability:
- Governance structure
- Policy framework
- Risk management processes, including supply chains
- Performance measurement framework and reporting systems and processes
- You need independent assurance to:
- Provide an assessment of the quality of your management systems and performance data and/or to support your internal audit programme
- Add credibility to the published information in your sustainability or corporate responsibility report.
- You are making a new investment, or divesting part of your business, and need due diligence work to be carried out to determine the nature and extent of any environmental/health and safety liabilities
- You need to develop a carbon strategy, identifying ways to reduce your direct and indirect carbon emissions and defining your approach to carbon trading.
How we can support you
- Helping you develop a corporate responsibility / sustainability strategy that is focused on key issues for your business and its stakeholders and adding social, environmental and economic value
- Assessing sources of reputational risk and implementing measures to mitigate these risks
- Improve understanding of how your sustainability reporting and/or performance measures up against your own standards, your peers and best practice
- Enhanced relationships with key stakeholder groups
- Better management of corporate responsibility / sustainability risks and opportunities.
PwC's sustainability services include