IPO Watch Europe 2012
Overview of European and global capital markets in 2012
Initial public offering (IPO) activity was weighed down by the economic and political issues in 2012, but the outlook for 2013 is encouraging.
2012 vs. 2011
Highlights of 2012 include:
- 2012 proved a difficult year with only 263 IPOs in Europe raising €10.9bn.
- London remained the dominant European market raising almost 50% of total European proceeds.
- The US showed some resilience going from third to first position in terms of money raised.
- Overall, the top 10 European IPOs returned an average of approximately 15% on their offer price.
- 35% of proceeds were raised by Telecoms companies in Europe.
|Five largest IPOs in Europe in 2012
||Offering value €m
Sources: IPO Watch data