Solutions for Discontinued Insurance Business / Corporate Liability Management
The Solutions for Discontinued Insurance Business / Corporate Liability Management (CLM) team has access to more than 200 specialists focusing on providing restructuring and operational consulting services to companies in the insurance industry with run-off business.
Issues being faced by operations around the world where the team is able to provide advice, support and assistance include:-
- the need to bring finality to run-off and extinguished liabilities;
- the requirement to release capital from run-off and consider options such as sale or transfer of liabilities;
- the need to rationalise operations to achieve operational efficiency;
- the need to proactively manage in-house or outsourced run-off, including the development of a robust outsourcing contract, to maximise shareholder value; and
- the need to benchmark the claims and reinsurance functions to assess their effectiveness or otherwise.
Issues you may be facing:
- You are a corporate with potentially significant or complex claims problems
- You want to be more certain about liabilities and look for opportunities to release capital
- You want an independent view on the effectiveness of your claims and reinsurance operations
- You want to proactively manage your run-off to maximise shareholder value.
Solvent schemes of arrangement
- You want to bring finality to your run-off and extinguish all liabilities
- You want to release capital from your run-off
- You want to maximise the value of your run-off.
- You are worried about the solvency of an insurer or broker
- You are a director requiring advice in the event of potential insolvency.