Do you need a work permit?

We welcome applications from all candidates but there are restrictions to some areas of our business and some points you should note below.


We are now accepting applications for 2018 opportunities. Any employment offer made by PwC is contingent upon you obtaining and maintaining the right to work and reside legally in the UK. You are required to notify us immediately if your immigration status changes after you have submitted your application.

We welcome applications from candidates who have their own right to work within the UK and can maintain this throughout the duration of their employment with PwC.

In limited circumstances, we may be able to sponsor a Tier 2 (General) visa for you to obtain the right to work, where we are able to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT). The RLMT requires us to demonstrate that there are no suitably qualified settled workers to fill the vacancy or that your application would be exempt from the RLMT. Please note that it is highly likely that our graduate roles will be filled by settled workers, especially in our larger offices, however, you may still want to apply. If you require a Tier 2 (General) visa, you will complete the initial online testing stage when you apply and, if successful, your application will be held, pending the results of our recruitment process.

Please also note that PwC is unable to sponsor any candidates for the following graduate roles as the Home Office's eligibility criteria will not be satisfied:

  • Northern Ireland - all business areas

  • Legal Company Secretarial - all regions

  • Assurance - Hull, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield

  • Deals (Business Recovery Services, Forensics, Valuations, Transaction Services) - Leeds, Manchester & Birmingham

  • Tax - Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle

Immigration rules are subject to change and the above information is correct as at August 2017. We reserve the right to rescind any employment offer due to future changes in immigration policy.

Are you able to make a Tier 2 application from within the UK

You can apply to change (‘switch’) from another visa to a Tier 2 (General) visa from within the UK.

You’ll need to hold a valid student or work visa to switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa - you’re unable to switch from a tourist or business visitor visa. Full details can be found on the Home Office website.