What you'll do
You’ll benefit from training in both our Assurance business and Valuations.
In the first three years, you'll work within both Assurance and Valuations. We believe this is a great way for you to build the financial skills and commercial awareness you need to advise our clients, it'll also help in your study for your Chartered Accountancy qualification (ACA) with the Institute of Chartered Accountants, England and Wales (ICAEW).
In Assurance, you'll carry out audits on anything from large multinational organisations to small entrepreneurial enterprises. Essentially, you’ll check whether a client's accounts are true and fair, in an environment that is conducive to developing a wide variety of skills and in a team that encourages debate and an inquisitive mind.
You'll also work with one of the Valuations industry-focused teams:
- Retail, consumer and leisure
- Industrial products
- Healthcare & business services
- Energy, utilities & infrastructure
- Financial services
- Telecoms, media and technology
You'll typically work as part of small, highly focused project teams. The project manager will rely on you for effective support from start to finish. Your responsibilities might include:
- researching a specific market and industry sector
- analysing the financial track record and projected performance of a company
- financial modelling and analysis of comparable companies/transactions
- debating valuation issues with the entire team and Partners
- preparation of client reports and pitch documents.