Do you need a work permit?

Please note that the application deadline has now passed for candidates who require sponsorship for roles starting in 2016.  We're now accepting applications for 2017 opportunities.

We welcome applications from all candidates but there are restrictions to some areas of our business and some points you should note below.

Any employment offer made by PwC is contingent upon you obtaining and maintaining the right to work and reside legally in the UK.

If you require Tier 2 sponsorship in order to work in the UK, PwC cannot currently consider your application for a graduate role unless you are eligible to make a Tier 2 (General) application from within the UK.

Please also note that PwC is unable to sponsor any candidates for the following graduate roles as the Home Office's eligibility criteria will not be satisfied.

  • Northern Ireland - all business areas
  • London - PwC Legal LLP Company Secretarial
  • Leeds, Manchester – Deals Business Recovery Services, Forensics/Assurance

If you already have the legal right to work and reside in the UK, you must ensure that this will cover the full duration of the position for which you are applying.

Are you eligible to make a Tier 2 (General) application from within the UK?

You can apply to change (‘switch’) from another visa to a Tier 2 (General) visa from within the UK. 

You’ll need to hold a valid student or work visa to switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa - you’re unable to switch from a tourist or business visitor visa.  Full details can be found on the Home Office website.

You must apply before your current visa expires and you can only submit your application from 3 months prior to your planned start date.

To switch from a Tier 4 or other student visa

You must have successfully completed one of these qualifications prior to your start date from your student visa if you want to switch from a Tier 4 to a Tier 2 (General) visa:

  • a UK bachelors degree
  • a UK masters degree
  • a postgraduate certificate in education
  • a professional graduate diploma of education

You must have got your qualification at a UK recognised body or an institution that has a Tier 4 sponsor licence. 

Please note that you must be able to obtain sufficient evidence that you’ve successfully completed your qualification (i.e. you’ll have your degree certificate or final transcript) prior to your start date. 

The other student visa categories are:

  • student
  • student nurse
  • student re-sitting an examination
  • overseas qualified nurse
  • person writing up a thesis
  • postgraduate doctor or dentist
  • student union sabbatical officer

PhD students

You must have completed at least 12 months’ study for your PhD during your most recent stay in the UK and had permission to take the qualification.

Immigration rules are subject to change and the above information is correct as at June 2016.

We implement application deadlines due to the length of time required to successfully complete the recruitment process and subsequently apply for your visa. If you miss the deadline for a particular intake, we’re happy to consider your application for a later start date where possible.

Start date

Application deadline

March/Spring 2017

Friday 7 October 2016

April 2017

Friday 4 November 2016

Autumn 2017

Friday 14 April 2017

November 2017

Friday 2 June 2017

We can’t provide sponsorship for internships and fixed-term placements. However, if you're in full-time education in the UK under the Tier 4 (General) category, current regulations may permit temporary employment during holiday periods or as part of your studies.

If you’re studying outside the UK, you’ll need to obtain your own right to work in the UK to undertake a placement with us.

We welcome applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK or those that can apply for a visa granting permission to work in the UK (e.g. Tier 1 General, dependant visas etc.) that doesn’t require sponsorship from PwC under Tier 2. You must ensure that this will cover the full duration of the position for which you are applying.

If you hold a temporary visa, you should apply to a role where we're currently able to obtain sponsorship. We may not be able to extend your stay if you apply to a role where we're unable to fulfil all of the requirements set out by the Home Office.

If you're unsure of your right to work in the UK without sponsorship, visit the Home Office website for more information: