Charities - The leading team
We deliver exceptional value to our clients with integrity and confidence.
We have the charity understanding, experience and expertise ready and available to support you in these challenging times, ensuring your charity is in the best possible position for the upturn and can deal with change - we’re committed to the sector and to our clients for the long term.
Understanding: We understand the issues facing the sector and have solutions to help you. Some key challenges you may face in the coming months are:
- Cost-cutting - With budgets already squeezed, where can additional savings come from?
- Pensions - How do you balance pension liabilities with your objectives as a charity?
- Fundraising - How can you stand out in a competitive market?
- Mergers/Collaboration - Can you map the financial and non financial benefits?
- Planning/modelling/cashflow - Can you manage the level of your reserves?
- Fraud/compliance - Can you spot potential fraud/compliance risks in your organisation?
- Managing in a Downturn - Are you in survival mode or well placed to maximise your position?
Experience: Our committed Charity team audits more of the top 100 charities than anyone else and has an enviable depth and breadth of knowledge and experience to tailor our services to best resolve your unique issues.
- Our advisory practice provides a wide range of support to our charity clients. We recently advised a charity on a property disposal process; we also prepared a financial model to assist a number of charities in assessing the likely benefits of collaborations such as reducing costs and improving internal resource efficiencies i.e. fundraising teams.
- Being able to deliver a high quality audit is a given but what we do at PwC is to go above and beyond the audit and understand the real challenges facing the organisation. For example we recently engaged retail specialists to undertake specific audit work on charity shops; and we continue to use our national and international links to provide a distinctive audit.
- Our VAT and Corporate Tax practice works with many of the leading charities and not-for-profit organisations. We use the depth of our tax practice in the UK and internationally to solve complex investment and charity status issues. We advise on payroll taxes and pensions and on the VAT side many of our clients have benefited from substantial refunds and optimised their VAT recovery position.
Expertise: We’ve been there before…. We can help.