Specifically developed for 'Accountants in Business', TUS will be led by experts from across PwC's, assurance, consulting, deals and tax practices and will cover a wide range of subjects as follows:
- Economic Update: An overview of the current economic climate facing NI businesses during these changing times.
- UK Financial Accounting update: A general accounting technical update session covering most recent developments in FRS 102, IFRS, Company Law and more.
- Taxation update: Will provide updates on Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax and Employment Tax.
- NI Employment Law: Will cover requirements for gender pay gap reporting and provide practical guidance on what organisations can do now to get ready for the statutory reporting requirements. A review of the continued scrutiny of self-employed arrangements via case law connected with the ‘gig economy’, as well as topical case-law decisions which could impact on our local businesses.
- GDPR and its impacts: Do you know what personal data you have, where it is and what you do with it? Have you identified a roadmap for GDPR compliance? The GDPR is a new law providing for uniform data protection regulation throughout the European Union. This session will set out the key components of the legislation and the risks to your organisation’s business plans if you are not prepared to meet the GDPR compliance requirements.
- Making Tax digital: HMRC has published a ‘Making tax digital roadmap’ that in part requires taxpayers to report quarterly details of their income, expenses and profits. This session will look at the components of Making Tax digital, the key requirements your business will need to meet, and look at some case studies to assess the potential impact on you.
- How technology is changing the accounting profession: What should you know?
- Audit and risk assurance update
Up to six CPD hours can also be claimed for attendance.
Cost per delegate is £295 plus VAT (includes course materials, lunch and refreshments).
If you would like to attend please register online using the link below, or alternatively complete and return the paper booking form included on the conference brochure to:
Technical Update Seminar Team
8 Laganbank Road
The brochure below contains further details as well as the paper booking form: