Experienced Careers - Work Permit

We welcome applications from all candidates but there are restrictions to some areas of our business and some points you should note below.

We welcome applications from all candidates and will look to provide sponsorship to those who require a visa to live and work in the UK.

If you hold a valid student or work visa you can switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa sponsored by PwC from within the UK. PwC have a set number of Certificate of Sponsorship applications that can be made each year and if this limit is reached it may prevent us from being able to sponsor and therefore employ you.

If you currently hold a tourist or business visitor visa and are offered a permanent role you will need to return to your home country to make a visa application. If you are able to undertake work on your temporary visa you will only be eligible to join on fixed length contracts where the contract end date is prior to your visa expiry date.

There are minimum salary requirements that need to be met in order to be eligible for a Tier 2 (General) visa. Full details on visa restrictions can be found on the Home Office website and immigration rules are subject to change.

The above information is correct as at February 2018.

Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship

On 19 July 2010, the UK Government introduced a monthly limit on the number of migrant workers coming into the UK from outside the EU on a Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship. PwC, along with all other employers, is subject to such a limit. This may prevent PwC from being able to sponsor your Certificate of Sponsorship if the national limit is reached.

August Update: As the number of RCoS applications being rejected by the UK Government has decreased over the past month, we are now able to accept applications from candidates looking for Senior Associate roles where a RCoS is required. There is no guarantee that an RCoS application will be successful and any offer of employment will be dependent on this being approved.  

Offer of Employment

Any employment offer made by PwC is contingent upon you obtaining and maintaining the right to work and reside legally in the UK. You are required to notify us immediately if your immigration status changes after you have submitted your application.

We would advise you not to resign from your current employer until you have confirmation that your visa has been granted by the home office.

Resident Labour Market Test

The RLMT requires us to demonstrate that there are no suitably qualified settled workers to fill the vacancy and we need to satisfy this to meet home office requirements. If we are unable to do this we will not be able to offer sponsorship.

Own right to work in the UK

We welcome applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK or those that can apply for a visa granting permission to work in the UK (e.g. dependant visas etc.) that do not require sponsorship from PwC. You will be asked to share proof of this prior to receiving any offer of employment.

In addition we would like to make you aware that if you are made an offer of employment with PwC you will need to remain on your current visa / permit and if for any reason your visa status changes, we may be unable to offer you sponsorship in the future. In addition, the firm would not fund any subsequent non sponsored visa applications so you will be solely responsible for paying and maintaining your own right to work in the UK.

If you're unsure of your right to work in the UK without sponsorship, visit the Home Office website for more information: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration