Alison specialises in the financial and quantum aspects of disputes and has acted as expert in a variety of litigation assignments across a breadth of industries. Since 2000, she has worked on forensic accounting matters including issues with quantum arising as a result of compulsory purchase orders, breach of contract, business interruption and product recall, in addition to claims for loss of earnings, pension and other benefits arising from personal injury.
She assists insurance companies conduct reviews of their claims handling process, and advises on efficiency, claims leakage and similar.
Alison has given lectures to members of the Northern Ireland Law Society and insurance companies on the area of loss of profits and personal injury quantification. She has also written technical updates for legal publications, and is a lecturer for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland on matters including the valuation of companies and other related topics.
Highlights of Alison's experience include:
- Acting as expert for a venture capitalist, who as a result of his accident was unable to complete on the management buy in of three logistic companies and suffered a loss of dividends and profit shares in addition to losses from his property development business.
- Acting as expert for an insurance company in a case involving the loss suffered by a legal professional with two young children who sustained debilitating injuries in a road traffic accident.
- Advising on quantum issues following the compulsory purchase of lands and premises relating to both the London 2012 Olympics and Cross Rail.
- Assisting with quantum issues following the compulsory purchase of lands and premises of a depot of a fuel distribution company due to the development of a new tram system.
- Assisting a global car manufacturer on a breach of contract claim, resulting in an early settlement and preventing recourse to the High Court.
- Acting as expert on behalf of an Irish bank and its client involved in a professional negligence dispute.
- Assisting a national bank on a professional negligence dispute, analysing a number of bank accounts relating to a £120m syndicate loan facility and quantifying the amount loaned, repaid and outstanding.