Angus is a Chartered Accountant and member of the Expert Witness Institute. He has over 15 years’ experience in advising private and public sector clients concerning the efficient investigation and quantification of loss arising in major commercial disputes, from situations involving allegations of fraud and in relation to professional negligence claims.
Angus’ experience spreads across a wide range of industries and he leads our work in the International Development sector. He also has significant experience of utilising Forensic Technology efficiently for the purpose of disclosure in complex disputes and in investigations. Angus is the Director responsible for Risk and Quality in our Forensic business and is consulted regularly on a variety of technical issues. He is a regular speaker at internal conferences and training events.
Highlights of Angus' experience include:
- Leading a major investigation into billing and contractual compliance by a private sector provider of public services in the Security & Justice sector.
- Acting for a major state enterprise in Eastern Europe in investigating losses arising from an alleged fraud by trading partners over several years and in subsequent high profile litigation.
- Leading the provision of Forensic Services concerning a variety of billion dollar disputes arising from the collapse of Lehman Brothers International Europe.
- Providing advice to numerous companies and their legal advisors concerning contractual and financial aspects of legal disputes and regulatory investigations, often involving overseas territories and allegations of fraud.
- Advising concerning a variety of high profile professional negligence claims against auditors in both litigation and in disciplinary proceedings.
- Providing advice across the Forensic Services business on a variety of technical, risk management, regulatory compliance & quality issues.
Principal industry sector experience:
- International Development
- Natural Resources
- Financial Services
- Retail, Consumer & Industrial products