Grant is a Partner in our Asset Management regulatory practice in London. He has 18 years of experience in assurance services and has spent the last 15 years focusing on asset management clients in the UK.
His regulatory professional experience includes advising clients on their current marketing strategy across Europe. He also advises on the financial and operational practices and the impact of asset management regulation on their business functions, operations, processes, risk frameworks, reporting and governance structures. More recently Grant has been focused on advising his key clients on the impact of MiFID II and assisting them through implementation, Prior to this he advised (and continues to advise) on the impacts of AIFMD through to authorisation. In addition, he has significant transactional experience, ranging from capital and debt issuance through to financial due diligence.
- Regulatory conduct review in the asset management arm of a global bank – led the stakeholder relationships, governance, reporting of findings and management of the work across a number of operational areas which included transaction reporting, straight through processing, conflict of interest, regulatory permissions, outsourcing, front office controls.
- Regulatory change assistance for the alternative asset management arm of a global bank – managed a number of different units including direct real estate, infrastructure and fund of funds businesses from gap analysis, implementation of the operational changes through to regulatory authorisation. The project included project management of the business unit heads and their teams, as well as legal, compliance and shared services.
- Regulatory change assistance for a global real estate fund of funds business – led the identification of changes required to the operating model for the European business, liaised with the client’s and PwC’s network to implement the changes required and assisted the client through regulatory authorisation.
- Regulatory change – led a number of engagements advising on the changes to real estate, private equity and hedge fund managers on their operating model as a result of implementing changes identified through gap analysis.
- Operational risk framework – led a review of the operational risk framework for a leading UK private wealth manager with recommendations on changes required across the business on their operational risk framework including IT updates.
- Risk management – developed the risk management policies, framework and operational implementation as part of their regulatory change project in a private equity manager. This specifically included advice on market, credit, liquidity, and counterparty risk.