Ian is a forensic accountant specialising in the quantification and review of major business interruption claims and preparation of expert witness reports for disputes alleging professional negligence, breach of contract and breach of warranty.
His experience also includes the quantification of claims resulting from contract disputes, compulsory purchase orders and corporate transactions. In addition, he has assessed and reviewed claims for loss of earnings, pension and benefits in kind for individuals injured or killed in road traffic and other accidents.
Highlights of Ian's experience include:
- Acting for the claimant in an accounting negligence action against a Big 4 accountancy firm in a matter arising from allegations of fraud by the directors.
- Assisting a hospital trust to prepare quantum calculations in a case involving negligent advice provided by a firm of engineers.
- Preparing an expert report assessing the losses suffered by hotel owners when one hotel business was destroyed by fire and the insurance claim was repudiated by the company insurers.
- Quantifying a variation and disruption claim for a rail rolling stock manufacturer, working with our construction and delay specialists, in connection with a dispute with the train operating company.
- Reviewing business interruption claims brought by a number of UK companies (providing freight, commuter, intercity and rural rail services), following the derailment at Hatfield in October 2000, the accident at Selby in 2001 and other train incidents.
Principal industry sector experience:
- Consumer products