Nigel specialises in the investigation and resolution of complex financial disputes, working with corporate clients and their legal advisers.
Nigel is a Chartered Accountant with wide ranging experience advising clients involved in litigation and international arbitration. Nigel also provides advice and assistance in professional negligence cases, covering both litigation and regulatory matters. He often works alongside experts from other parts of PwC.
He also advises on disputes arising from transactions, including in the identification, investigation and agreement of completion accounts adjustments and during expert determinations.
Highlights of Nigel's experience include:
- Investigation and analysis of accounting irregularities at a software company, including complex issues concerning revenue recognition and disclosure.
- Preparation of expert reports in a dispute between shareholders in a UAE based property development group, heard at the Dubai International Arbitration Centre.
- Acting for a regulator in a professional negligence case concerning the audits of a software company.
- Review of the audits of an Indian company in the technology sector which was alleged to have been the victim of fraud by its senior management.
- Assisting the purchaser in a dispute relating to the acquisition of an oil services company, including preparation of submissions to an independent accountant.
- Assisting a petrochemicals company in the investigation and resolution of a $2 billion dispute relating to the management of a joint venture in Nigeria.
Principal industry sector experience:
- Professional Services
- Consumer and Industrial Products