PwC is partnering with Sport Tech Hub, London's first tech incubator dedicated to supporting the growth of early-stage start-ups that can make a positive contribution in physical activity and sport.
The new partnership will see PwC take Associate Partner status for a 12-month period, during which time the firm will work with Sport Tech Hub start-ups and advise on the strategic direction for SportTech, FitTech and HealthTech in the capital.
PwC will join fellow Associate Partner Fieldfisher and Launch Partners London & Partners, Crowdcube, RLC Ventures and Sponge Marketing, and Media Partner, Sport Industry Group alongside programme founders London Sport.
Ollie Phillips, director - digital transformation at PwC, said:
“At PwC we’re always looking to help businesses and individuals foster innovation through the use of technology which can help make a difference to society and meet human needs. This includes helping nurture the starts- ups involved with the Sport Tech Hub.
“It has the added bonus of hopefully helping those ‘knowledge-rich, time poor’ individuals who have difficulty carving out time for exercise and sport. If an initiative like this can kickstart greater activity and buck that trend, then all the better.”
Alex Zurita, specialist advisor – technology for participation, London Sport said:
“Signing PwC as Associate Partners for Sport Tech Hub will bring huge benefits to the start-ups involved in the Sport Tech Hub programme and, critically, to the entire SportTech industry. PwC’s strategic and business expertise is world-renowned, and their guidance will play a vital role in the future of SportTech innovation.”
Notes to editors
The companies selected to form the first Sport Tech Hub cohort are:
· AktivKidz - Getting children active through challenges set by celebrities to receive points and prizes
· Batfast - Interactive simulators to increase participation in sport
· Fitswarm - Real time training
· Flex TV - At home workouts you actually want to do
· Makesweat - Provides a platform for people to plan sessions with friends and share feedback with coaches
· Rabble - Immersive team games in your local community
· Racefully - The only app that enables you to run with your friends in real time, whenever you want
· Return2Play - Concussion management and multi-injury reporting tools for schools, clubs and governing bodies
· Spotters - Social network dedicated to the grassroots football community
· Spryt - Search facility to find the nearest club, facility or coach
· Sport Heroes Group - Creating innovative digital sport experiences to unite communities and motivate the masses to exercise more
· Sweat & Sound - Secret, immersive fitness events for music lovers, creative spirits and curious cats
· TrainAsONE - Artificial intelligence personal coach for runners of all abilities and goals
· Vlique - Connecting users to fitness professionals in real time
· Wallball Tech - Innovating SportTech for the outreach sport of wallball
· Wellrun - Finding ways to equip and inspire more people to enjoy active travel
· WeGym - Personal training with a squad
· Where - A heat map of social and sporty activities going on nearby
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details. © 2016 PwC. All rights reserved