Pensions impact all aspects of corporate life. Companies want to manage risk and have certainty of costs whilst ensuring they do the right thing for their employees.
Our Pensions team is made up of experienced lawyers with specialist knowledge in pensions and corporate restructuring, litigation and public sector pensions. We are part of a network of 2,400 lawyers in over 80 countries, advising an extensive client base across the FTSE 200, middle-market companies, large private businesses and multinationals.
We can work alongside PwC LLP’s actuaries, tax specialists and other human resource consultants to provide you with a seamless service and commercial solutions to your pensions issues such as:
- Scheme restructuring and liability management – advising on the legal issues relating to controlling the cost of pensions to the client
- Asset backed funding vehicles and investment swaps – providing legal and regulatory advice in relation to creative funding ideas for pension schemes.
- Company restructuring advice – advising on the pensions implications of group reorganisations and limiting corporate exposure to financial consequences. This advice can be part of general transaction advice or as an intrinsic part of strategic restructuring.
- Auto enrolment (“AE”) – UK auto enrolment implementation and review.
- The Pensions Regulator – providing general advisory work in relation to his powers. We were instructed by the Pensions Regulator itself last year to advise on licensing regime for occupational DC pensions.
- Pension Insurance Products – we have experience assisting clients in securing their pension scheme’s accrued benefits with insurance companies by buy-in and buy-out contracts.
As pensions’ legislation continues to evolve we can help you to understand what the changes mean for your business ensuring that you are able to make the best decisions about retirement policies for your employees and your business.