Skip to content Skip to footer

Loading Results

Do you need a work permit?

We welcome applications from all candidates but there are restrictions to some areas of our business and some points you should note below

Explore. Inspire. Reimagine.

Search all our opportunities

Work permit and employment offer

Any employment offer made by PwC is contingent upon you obtaining and maintaining the right to work and reside legally in the UK. You are required to notify us immediately if your immigration status changes after you have submitted your application. We welcome applications from candidates who have their own right to work within the UK. For both temporary and permanent roles you will be asked to provide evidence of your right to work during the early stages of the application process and you must maintain and be able to demonstrate your right to work throughout the duration of your employment.

women smiling in office

man smiling in the office

In limited circumstances, where we are able to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) and a visa application can be made from within the UK, we may be able to sponsor a Tier 2 (General) visa for you to obtain the right to work. The RLMT requires us to demonstrate that there are no suitably qualified settled workers to fill the vacancy. If you require a Tier 2 (General) visa and your application will not be exempt from the RLMT, you will complete the initial online testing stage when you apply and, if successful, your application will be held. If we are able to fill our vacancies with candidates not subject to the RLMT, we will not be able to pursue your application. If you are currently holding a Tier 4 (General) Student visa your application is likely to be exempt from the RLMT and will therefore be progressed alongside our standard recruitment process.

Important information

Please note that PwC is unable to sponsor any candidates for the following graduate roles as the Home Office's eligibility criteria will not be satisfied:

  • Northern Ireland - all business areas
  • Consulting (PwC Research, Tech Consulting) - North
  • Tax (OneGM, People & Organisation, Corporate Tax, Corporate and Indirect) - all regions excl. London, Gatwick, Milton Keynes, Reading, Watford, Uxbridge
  • Full-Time School Leaver and Insight Week programmes
  • Flying Start Technology Degree programmes 

Immigration rules are subject to change and the above information is correct as at  December 2020.

woman on the phone

Additional information

To switch from a Tier 4 student visa you must have *successfully completed one of these qualifications from your student visa prior to your start date if you want to switch from a Tier 4 (General) to a Tier 2 (General) visa:

  • A UK bachelors degree
  • A UK masters degree
  • A Postgraduate Certificate in education
  • A Professional Graduate Diploma of Education
  • Completed a minimum of 12 months study in the UK towards a UK PhD

*Successful completion is having received your final grades from your course, confirmed in the issuance of your transcript and/or degree.

You must have obtained your qualification at a UK recognised body or an institution that has a Tier 4 sponsor licence.

Please note that you must be able to provide sufficient evidence that you’ve completed all academic requirements for your qualification prior to your start date (i.e. you may be required to provide a letter from your educational institution confirming that you have sat all of your exams and handed in all of your coursework for assessment).

You must have completed at least 12 months’ study for your PhD during your most recent stay in the UK and had permission to take the qualification.

We implement application deadlines due to the length of time required to successfully complete the recruitment process and subsequently apply for your visa. If you miss the deadline for a particular intake, we’re happy to consider your application for a later start date where possible.

Application deadlines

  • March intake: 06 November 2020 
  • September  intake: 16 April 2021 
  • October intake: 14 May 2021 



We can’t provide sponsorship for internships and fixed-term placements. However, if you're in full-time education in the UK under the Tier 4 (General) category, current regulations may permit temporary employment during holiday periods or as part of your studies. If you’re studying outside the UK, you’ll need to obtain your own right to work in the UK to undertake a placement with us and this will need to cover the full duration of the position for which you are applying.

Under the UK Border Agency codes of practice, we’re unable to provide sponsorship for our School and College Leaver roles.

Students on the Flying Start Accounting programmes will be at University, therefore they will be on Tier 4 general student visa. For further details on this please see the University website.

Due to apprenticeship funding regulations, Technology Degree Apprenticeship Programmes are not open to EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals nor students requiring sponsorship to work in the UK.


We welcome applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK or those that can apply for a visa granting permission to work in the UK (e.g. Tier 1 General, dependent visas etc.) that doesn’t require sponsorship from PwC under Tier 2. You must ensure that this will cover the full duration of the position for which you are applying. If you hold a temporary visa, you should apply to a role where we're currently able to obtain sponsorship. We may not be able to extend your stay if you apply to a role where we're unable to fulfil all of the requirements set out by the Home Office.


If you're unsure of your right to work in the UK without sponsorship, visit the Home Office website for more information


Join our Talent Network

PwC Careers Account