Ermelinda advises clients and their legal advisors in disputes arising from breaches of contract, transactions (including breach of warranty claims) and investment treaties, in a range of sectors including: energy, mining, telecoms, financial services, construction, transport, healthcare and consumer products. She has a particular focus on disputes arising in emerging markets, particularly Central & Eastern Europe.
Ermelinda is also experienced in advising clients during the sale or purchase of businesses, in respect of the preparation and review of completion accounts or earn-out statements, as well as throughout the expert determination process.
Highlights of Ermelinda's experience include:
- Assisting a client in the assessment of damages arising from the breach of a PPP contract for the construction of a railway in South Korea (ICC Arbitration).
- Providing assistance to a multinational company involved in international arbitration (under LCIA rules) related to delays and disruption to the construction of a grain processing plant.
- Providing assistance to a Swiss multinational company involved in international arbitration (under ICC rules) related to delays and disruption suffered during the construction of a power plant in Greece.
- Assisting a large Russian conglomerate in international arbitration proceedings related to the dissolution of a joint venture agreement and establishing whether the assets transferred to the joint-venture had been overstated through fraud or other malpractice.
- Advising the acquirer of a luxury goods business in relation to a major Completion Accounts dispute.
- Advising the vendor of an engineering business in relation to disputed earn-out accounts.
Principal industry sector experience:
- Construction and Infrastructure
- Retail and Consumer
- Industrial Products