As a major employer, we believe we can play a positive role in increasing social mobility through our recruitment, development and progression, community and advocacy activities.
Our aim is to:
- lead by example as an employer and be recognised as an inclusive organisation where people from all backgrounds are able to work, develop and succeed
- use our skills and resources to enable people from disadvantaged backgrounds across the UK to make the most of their potential, whether at PwC or elsewhere.
We look to achieve this by focusing on the following areas:
- attracting and recruiting more people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- helping everyone we recruit to develop and progress while they’re at PwC.
- supporting social mobility within disadvantaged communities.
- delivering volunteering programmes for our people to support the above.
- Advocating the importance of increased social mobility and the impact of our strategy and actions to both our internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborating with others and using our influence to achieve the multiplier effect.
In 2017, we set out a five-year plan to help advance social mobility in the UK. See how we’re making progress below.