Tim acts as an expert on loss and valuation issues in a wide range of disputes and industries with over 25 years’ experience of in excess of 130 expert assignments. He specialises in substantial cross border disputes taken to arbitration and has acted as expert in International Arbitration proceedings brought under ICC, UNCITRAL, LCIA, ICSID and AAA rules as well as disputes in the English High Court, the English Criminal Court, the Competition Appeals Tribunal, the US Courts (State and Federal) and in Hong Kong. He has testified on numerous occasions. He has been involved in disputes arising from breaches of contract, acquisition disputes and claims arising out of investment treaties in telecoms, mining, oil & gas, power generation, financial services and manufacturing
Highlights of Tim’s experience include:
- Acting as expert for a major UK telecommunications company in a substantial joint venture dispute with a French telecommunications company taken to arbitration in the ICC in Paris.
- Acting as expert for an Asian Telecommunications company in an UNCITRAL arbitration in relation to its investment in a major African telecommunications company heard in The Hague.
- Acting as expert for a US energy corporation in two separate arbitration proceedings in the LCIA to quantify potential recoveries under a Political Risk Insurance policy following expropriation of assets by a South American government.
- Acting as the quantum expert in an international arbitration in the LCIA on behalf of a Swiss based metal trading company in a dispute relating to the loss arising from the termination by a Russian company of aluminium production agreements.
- Acting as expert for a Far East open cast mining company in an ICSID arbitration against an Asian country for alleged expropriation of an open cast mine.
- Acting as expert for a construction company in an ICC arbitration in relation to the development of a port in the Middle East.
- Acting as expert for a European defence contractor in an AAA arbitration against a major US defence manufacturer in relation to the alleged cancellation of a contract for the manufacture of weapons.
- Acting as expert for an international investment bank in an UNCITRAL arbitration in relation to claims arising as a result of the collapse of a bank in Eastern Europe.
- Acting as expert for a European manufacturer in an LCIA arbitration against a major US software manufacturer for loss of profits from the alleged breach of a joint venture agreement between the two parties relating to the development of mobile telecommunications equipment.
- Acting as expert for a European insurance company in a New York based arbitration relating to the contribution of the insurers to the rebuild cost of the World Trade Center following its destruction on 9/11.
- Acting as expert in the largest case ever brought in the English Commercial Court with damages of US$6 billion. The matter involved the valuation of investments in a wide range of industries under an alleged shareholders agreement between two parties.