Christopher is a Senior Manager in our NewLaw team. Prior to joining PwC, Christopher was a partner in a top-tier commercial law firm in Northern Ireland specialising in banking and commercial law. Christopher has significant experience providing advice to leading financial institutions on areas including commercial contracts, banking and corporate finance, acquisition finance and unsecured lending. Christopher has niche nice experience in consumer credit licensing, derivatives transactions and securities financing transactions. He has also acted as local counsel on asset-backed securitisations including the acquisition, warehousing and securitisation of residential and commercial mortgages and consumer credit receivables originated in Northern Ireland.
Christopher was ranked as Next Generation Lawyer in Legal 500 2018/19; Recognised Recognised Practitioner for Banking and Finance in Chambers and Partners Guide 2018/19; and named in the Northern Ireland 40 Under 40 List 2017.
- Advising a peer-to peer lending platform in relation to the implementation of its operation in Northern Ireland to include the preparation of standard form compliance, loan and security documentation.
- Advising an IP TV solutions provider on its terms and conditions and contracts with clients, negotiating and advising on contracts with third party content rights holders such as sports licensing and distribution licensors and joint ventures with other sports rights holders.
- Provision of advice to a European bank in relation to the automation of its SME lending function to include electronic borrower verification, automation of credit scoring and electronic production of standard form facility documentation and external legal instruction.
- Advising a large housing association in relation to the negotiation and renewal of business-critical unit management software licenses.
- Advising the Northern Ireland Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute in relation to the capture and exploitation of range of intellectual property assets to include commercialisation and development by way of collaboration with international scientific authorities and research institutes.