Ian advises clients on the quantum of damages and loss arising from disputes, particularly in the context of International Arbitration hearings. Ian has carried out over 60 valuations in his career across a range of industries and geographies, often focusing on the retail, energy, oil and gas and construction industries, including claims arising out of investment treaties. Ian focuses on working closely with industry, regional and technical experts across the PwC network to ensure that clients are provided with the focus and expertise that they require.
Highlights of Ian's experience include:
- Assisting a large East-European food and drink manufacturer on the loss and damage suffered as a result of the early revocation of certain state tax incentives (under ICSID rules).
- Valuation of two separate damages arising from the termination of joint hotel development and management agreements in the Middle East (under ICC rules and under CRCICA rules).
- Valuation of the alleged lost synergies from a failed joint venture between two Middle Eastern pay television operators (under LCIA rules).
- Assisting a large oil and gas company in assessing contractual commitments and obligations as part of an on-going dispute process.
- Valuation of losses arising from the breach of a management agreement between a national government and an international aluminium production company (under ICC rules).
- Valuation of alleged loss synergies as a result of the unlawful exclusion of a multi-national firm from the bidding process during the privatisation of an East European steel plant (under ICC rules).
Principal industry sector experience:
- Oil and gas