We can help you answer important questions, including: if you are conducting a price review, if you are looking to assess the impact of technological change to the sector, if you need to incentivise companies to provide better outcomes for consumers or if you are looking to estimate the cost of capital of the sector.
- How can we incentivise companies to deliver good outcomes for consumers?
- How can we encourage innovation in regulated sectors?
- What is an efficient level of capital and operating expenditure?
- What is the right measure of inflation for a regulated company?
- What makes one firm’s costs higher than another, and how should this be dealt with in estimates of firm efficiency?
- What is an appropriate rate of return on capital expenditure?
- What is the best way to price access to a network and what should the price be?
- How can regulatory asset base (RAB) models be used to incentivise investment?
- How ambitious is a regulated company’s business plan for both cost efficiency and desired outcomes?
- How can a regulatory regime respond to technological change?
We can help you answer important questions, including: if you want to create a compelling business plan, if you want to understand the implications of regulatory change, or if you want to challenge the regulator’s decision.
- What makes for a compelling business plan for the regulator?
- In what ways is our cost base different from the other regulated companies in our sector?
- How can we encourage private investment in capital projects in regulated sectors?
- What are the regulatory implications of a merger or acquisition transaction?
- How can we challenge a regulator’s decision through a Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) appeal?
- How can companies use regulatory insight to transform their business, improving customer outcomes and supporting investment?
- How do we change our strategy to respond to new regulation?
- How should we respond to the regulator’s consultations?
- What are the economic, social, environmental and fiscal impacts of change in the regulatory regime?