How is fairness currently defined?
- We’ll test and shape our thinking with our external Steering Group and our clients and networks across government and the public sector.
- We’ll collaborate with organisations such as the Institute for Government to convene thinking on the Spending Review 2019.
- We’ll review existing research on fairness to inform the questions we ask the public.
What does fairness mean to the public?
- Together with Opinium, we are using innovative qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to develop an understanding of the citizen’s view of the society we want after EU exit and what's needed from government to facilitate a fairer future for the UK.
- The Pop-up Community brings together a nationally representative group of 20 members of the public in an immersive online qualitative study that brings the views of the public to life.
- Following the deliberative study, Opinium will conduct a major quantitative study to understand the motivational landscape of the UK, building a comprehensive map of what a fair UK represents to the public.
Review of data
What does the public’s views mean for the questions we are trying to answer?
Having understood the public’s vision and priorities for the UK, we will collaborate and convene groups to draw implications for the places we live in, how we work and what services we access.
Agenda for action
What are the implications for government (and beyond)?
We will develop an agenda for action for government (central, local and, public service providers), businesses, charities and citizens.